Hello from Melbourne + sharing our 1:6 skylar250 prototype

Hi all,

Greetings from Melbourne! I’m Canhui, and I’m really excited to join this community. Lately, the ongoing news about the housing crisis and rising construction costs has sparked our interest in exploring the WikiHouse system since August.

It’s been great fun. We’ve built a 1:6 model to get a hands-on feel for the system and experimented with creating some custom blocks. Below are a few photos of the process to share:

I’d love to connect with anyone who’s built a WikiHouse here in Australia. I’m keen to hear about your experiences with building permit applications and navigating the 6-Star energy efficiency requirements.

I’m always looking for an excuse to build a 1:1 prototype, so if anyone has any leads or ideas, feel free to reach out!

2 Likes

Hi

I’m an industrial designer based in Newcastle NSW and also looking into building with the wikihouse system

Hi Canhui, we are WikiHouse Designers based in Qld/North NSW.
We designed and built a Wren system WikiHouse in 2021 in Nambucca Heads NSW, which was in the middle of COIVD, with lockdowns and prohibited ‘barn raising’ and promos. Refer to Wikihouse.cc designers for a picture.
We have tested a full scale Skylark 250 frame and did some 1:6 modelling as well. See also origenarchitects.com.au > Wikihouse designers for further info and contact details. Graham Osborne

Hi Braden Wilson we are WikiHouse Designers based in Qld/North NSW.
We designed and built a Wren system WikiHouse in 2021 in Nambucca Heads NSW, which was in the middle of COIVD, with lockdowns and prohibited ‘barn raising’ and promos. Refer to Wikihouse.cc designers for a picture.
We have tested a full scale Skylark 250 frame and did some 1:6 modelling as well. See also origenarchitects.com.au > Wikihouse designers for further info and contact details. Graham Osborne

Hi mate nice to meet you, also Melbourne here.

What type of cnc are you using?