Hello from Victoria, BC, Canada!

Hi everyone! Been lurking on this forum for a while and figured I should introduce myself.

I’m Emily, a designer/maker in Victoria, BC Canada.

My background is in architecture, and over the years I’ve dabbled in digital fabrication and parametric design. In 2020, I took a year-long course in Fine Furniture and Joinery and fell in love with woodworking. I now run my own business, Man & Son Design (www.manandsondesign.com), doing architectural and millwork design as well as small product and custom furniture production. When I’m not staring at a computer screen, I have an awesome little woodshop where I spend as much time as possible making stuff with my hands!

I’m really interested in Wikihouse because it seems like the perfect combination of my interests - digital fabrication, product design, woodworking, and architecture - as well as an opportunity to develop more attainable housing typologies. Later this month, my business partner Jennifer and I will be travelling all the way to New Zealand to help @lachlan get his CNC machine up and running and build our first Wikihouse!

Looking forward to getting more involved!

4 Likes

Hi Emily,

I’m across the Strait from you in Port Angeles! My dream is to build community oriented housing using the Wikihouse system - kinda like this Features — Cully Green

Have fun in NZ!!

Best,
Matthew

1 Like