Hello From Washington State in the US

Hey Jacob, welcome to the community! Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience with manufacturing and building things yourself. Excited to see how your project turns out.

I have a plot of land in neighboring Idaho I’m hoping to build on one day, but that’s still a year or so out. I also recently came across wikihouse (a few months ago now) and have/had similar questions to what you’re asking. One in particular is a version in Imperial units, as I agree with you that having regular spacing for drywall sheets would go a long way to speed up construction and reduce material waste for US based projects. There is another thread on that topic here. Short summary, I tried to do that for one wall block but ran into questions about what assumptions I should be making. If you have any thoughts, I’d love to hear them.

I’ve also been thinking about eaves and think they would be a great addition. I know there is a new set of blocks coming out Thursday, maybe eaves will be included in the update?

1 Like