Hi from Christiaan

Hi guys, my name is Christiaan. I’m an architectural technologist living in Portugal. I recently started a UK-based architecture practice with my former director from a London-based practice, who I worked with for 16 years. Now I work remotely from Portugal.

I’m very curious about Wikihouse, especially since the Skylark iteration. As I dip my feet in I may use Wikihouse in a professional capacity, but I may build a home with it one day too. I once did a deep retrofit of a home I lived in in London and next time I’d like to go to the other end of the scale, in the form of prefabrication and very little dust :laughing:.

Either way hope I can contribute along with way.

I’m really happy that you’ve moved away from chatroom to a classic web forum. This was another signal that it’s time to get involved.

4 Likes

Great to have you here!

1 Like

Good to read this and to know there is a WikiHouse minded architect in the Iberian Peninsula!

I am based in Lanjaron, Granada, South Spain. And have my CNC factory, ‘DiDiHomes’ running.

Specializing in WikiHouse plywood construction. And producing the fist houses for Ecokit.com.au.

Would you be able to realize building permissions in Spain?
I may soon need your services.

Hi Melfof, sorry no, I have no experience with permissions in Spain or Portugal, as I’m working remotely for my UK-based company. I’m also still just learning Portuguese!

HI Christiaan,

My name id Darren Smith, and I have bought some land in Portugal. Its 5 acres and has an old ruin on it. I am interested in looking into the possibility of a WikiHouse to append to the original structure, which will then allow me to renovate over time.

The services I would be looking for is WikiHouse design, a location for CNC services, and potentially someone to oversee the project - I would like to do as much as I can for budgetary reasons.

Would you be able to advise?

Kind regards,

Darren Smith

HI Melhof,

My name is Darren Smith, and I have 5 acres of land in Portugal and am looking for design, CNC and potentially installation services, either directly in Portugal, or nearby.

Are you still in business? Would you like to discuss the matter?

Kind regards,

Darren Smith

Hi Darren, so sorry for the delay in responding, I’ve only just seen your message.

I’d be quite interested in discussing that further, however it should be noted that I’m now living in New Zealand for at least a year, maybe more.